Error when enabling Session Start Prompt

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.
d7II is no longer supported. Please update to d7x! (This is included in your d7II subscription!)

Error when enabling Session Start Prompt

Postby inbargains » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm a new user so maybe I'm missing a step. I want to enable Session start prompt to better organize reports but when I enable the feature it causing an error on startup and doesn't work. I took a screen shot of what I'm seeing and it appears it's a write permission error but I don't know where to fix that permission. Any ideas how to resolve this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvn94s5gfr8i6dx/2-14-2015%201-07-53%20PM.jpg

Run-time error "383":
'Text' property is read-only

Version 3.5.39
inbargains

Re: Error when enabling Session Start Prompt

Postby bored369 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:23 pm

So far we haven't been able to reproduce this issue, we're trying to look more into it however. That error your receiving is something with the program trying to set a text property on the GUI so it won't be a permission you can adjust. We just haven't been able to get it to do it for us.

If you startup in safemode (hold ctrl key while program is starting) does it still happen? Also if you disable it, end session and re-enable it on a new session does it happen? With it on does it also crash on another system? With it off are you able to enable it and have it working on another system? If you can do some of those test we might be able to narrow it down some more, but Nick also has some programing ideas he's going to try to see if it resolves it as well.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:32 pm

I didn't reproduce the issue *in practice* but I can see how it might happen -- though I'm still fuzzy on it, I simply threw an error trap in the form load for the Session Start prompt, and I'm hoping that will take care of the issue -- this is in v3.5.40 just uploaded, and if that doesn't fix it let me know and I'll be on it ASAP.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby inbargains » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:51 am

You fixed it! I was going to tackle this issue and try to get you more information tonight. I fired it up, it said there was an update, I installed it and now the session prompt works as it should. Thank you so much.
inbargains

Return to d7II Support Forum