Rogue Killer restarts PC

Support and discussion for d7x PC Technician's Productivity Tool
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include d7x version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Rogue Killer restarts PC

Postby 2RCTech » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi,

I've just begun using d7II and have started to configure my custom apps. When the automation reaches Rogue Killer d7II acts as if it is downloading the software and the closes d7 but restarts the computer without running. Upon reboot it wishes to start the next application

Keep in mind this is the free version of Rogue Killer and this is stock d7- just downloaded the Core.zip and began configuring the apps. No other settings have been selected other than adding Rogue Killer to the custom list of apps.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
2RCTech

Re: Rogue Killer restarts PC

Postby xide » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 am

well....no...that doesnt sound right at all. Yes it is normal for Rogue Killer to close d7ii, and its also normal for it to reboot after it finishes scanning, but not just from downloading. Is this only in auto mode? see what happens if you just double click it to manually run it. If it runs fine manually reconfigure what apps/functions you have set before rogue killer is ran. If it doesn't run manually it sounds like the program itself is somehow corrupt or an invalid command is being used with it....since recently Tigzy has been changing things around with Rogue Killer it wouldn't surprise me.

Lastly if none of that works download directly from adlice.com (rogue killer website) make sure it will run directly (just in case the website version is corrupt or local is outdated) if all good there then simply make a copy of the rogue killer config.....oh this is getting long already, if it doesn't work after all that just pm me and i should be able to help.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby 2RCTech » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:46 am

Just double-clicking Rogue Killer to run had the same behavior. I will try some more testing today and if I can't seem to get it I'll let you know.

Thanks
2RCTech

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:39 am

just a suggestion, see if there is an issue with this on one PC or more than one - you may also test the rogue killer executable by launching it directly from your d7II\3rd Party Tools directory and see if the behavior is a problem just with Rogue Killer and that PC itself, or perhaps a corrupted download of the app, in which case you can try deleting it and seeing if the behavior persists.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby 2RCTech » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm

It appears to happen on multiple computers. I've tried double-clicking the app, the progress bar appears stating its downloading, d7 closes, and then the computer reboots. If I check the logs it states that Rogue Killer was run even though it wasn't. Before I tried I made sure there was no Rogue Killer installer in the 3rd Party Tools folder first.

After this last reboot I checked the 3rd Party Tools folder. Sure enough there was a Rogue Killer installer. When I double-clicked it I receive a quick CMD window which I was able to make out the text on- the message reads "This program is too big to fit in memory". I had to keep double-clicking the Rogue Killer installer for me to read it as it opened and closed so quickly.

I can go the the Adlice website and get a copy and run it no problem. I tried copying the URL from the website and entering it in the CustomApp section but still same behavior.
2RCTech

Postby synapse » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:40 am

I've the same problem and i've noted that happen because the download url don't work, when i do a download test the first link fail and the second tell me it's ok but the file is only 71kb. I've a premium tech license of rogue killer and i've sent an email to tigzy to ask for a fix link of download.
In the d7ii configuration i have this link:
- h**p://www.adlice.com/softs/roguekiller/RogueKiller.exe
-h**p://www.sur-la-toile.com/RogueKiller/RogueKiller.exe for 32bit
and
- h**p://www.adlice.com/softs/roguekiller/RogueKillerX64.exe
- h**p://tigzy.geekstogo.com/Tools/RogueKillerX64.exe for 64bit
nothing of them work (in my case)
synapse

Postby nikolaosp » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Same here. Not with a tech licence, but the behaviour is the same. Auto mode or not, it restarts the pc and then goes on like nothing happened. 3.6 of d7ii.

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου
nikolaosp

Postby und3rtak3r » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:58 pm

This issue SEEMED to be mainly on 32bit systems and d7 seemed to insist on the 64bit version.. Manually running the 32bit version of RK did the trick.. on the Odd 64bit and also some of the 32bit systems it appeared that the download did not complete.. manual download of RK worked 100%. that is only from quick observations.. I have not had the time to forensically examine the issue.
The TechGuru4U
RTFM D7 here
RTFM D7II here
RTFM dSupportSuite Here

You may call me Glenn
und3rtak3r

Postby vmhs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 am

und3rtak3r wrote:This issue SEEMED to be mainly on 32bit systems and d7 seemed to insist on the 64bit version.. Manually running the 32bit version of RK did the trick.. on the Odd 64bit and also some of the 32bit systems it appeared that the download did not complete.. manual download of RK worked 100%. that is only from quick observations.. I have not had the time to forensically examine the issue.

this coincides with my experience

I think you have found the issue.
vmhs

Postby 2RCTech » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:57 pm

The fix, although not really a fix, that I've used has been to download the portable version of RK and place it in my 3rd Party Tools folder. Then clear the download links in the Custom Apps section. The only issue would be updating but perhaps I can get Ketarin to do that bit to keep the file up to date.
2RCTech

Next

Return to d7x Support Forum