New versions not using my logo?

Support and discussion for d7x PC Technician's Productivity Tool
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include d7x version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

New versions not using my logo?

Postby Psychlone » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:18 pm

So a couple/few versions ago, one of the updates changed the splash to d7x TECH.COM. I figure it's no big deal, I find the new d7x Resources\Config\Logo directory and swap them all out for all of my logos (each one is appropriately named, appropriate size and file extension). Everything else seems to be just fine, but on start, my d7x shows your d7x TECH.COM logo.
I've checked and rechecked that the splashlogo.bmp is a .bmp, same size and everything.

So, thinking I've borked something, I downloaded the latest Blank Config and imported all the other folders - same deal.
So now I'm thinking it was something somewhere else, I downloaded the Starter Config, imported my license data and ONLY swapped over my logos - it still only shows the d7x TECH.COM logo.

I'm clearly missing something here...
Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing.
Psychlone

Re: New versions not using my logo?

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 am

Well I'm sure your logo worked at one point and now we're down to figuring out what happened. It's been more than a few releases but at one point earlier this year I moved user logos to a new directory by themselves, this should have happened automatically. Another thing that happened was that other than report logo, all file names are static now which is easier since there is only one file at a time it can be, and only one format they can be in. Files should have been renamed automatically as well during that update, as necessary.

Regardless of what happened, to fix it you need to name your logo file as "applogo.bmp" if you're talking about the main logo for d7x, the one found in the upper left corner of the app as well as on the initial splash screen.

The "splashlogo.bmp" is only used for progress bars when doing cloud portal file transfers, which was separate at first so you could have a larger/any size logo on screen when using the d7xRDT (then it was SFX Mini) and truth is right now that functionality (logo on the file transfers progress bar) is not working in d7xRDT, so I may get rid of it entirely. Worst case is I redesign these screens to use applogo.bmp instead, but this is all a side issue/topic.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Psychlone » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Nick. Something definitely isn't right for me on this.

My applogo.bmp is already in the \d7x Resources\Config\Logos folder, has been since a version moved it there. I can see where I was getting confused because I changed splashlogo.bmp to my own and the initial splash didn't change. Maybe a verbiage change in the config settings might help logo-partially-literates like myself? LOL

To be clear, when I double-click on my d7x.exe (currently 19.6.10), the initial splash shows as d7x TECH.COM and then when it's loaded, my logo is displayed correctly in the upper left as always - my logo in the application hasn't changed at all.
Also to be clear, this happens regardless of if I'm using a "Starter Config" and all my data copied over, OR with a clean "Blank Config" with absolutely nothing but my logos put into the \d7x Resources\Config\Logos folder and nothing else copied over at all.
Psychlone

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:27 pm

oh. oh. I see, wow that's easy for me to miss... yes that logo is also applogo.bmp, or should be, so this is a bug I'll have to fix!

I see what I did. The splash screen wasn't starting as quickly as it does now, and when I moved that in code to load up sooner I put it before all the config and logo checks. I hope I'll have something worked out for next release.

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:56 pm

yep, just released a fix

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Psychlone » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:03 pm

You're a good man Nick.

:)
Psychlone

Postby Psychlone » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:16 pm

LOVE IT. The update fixed the issue and my logo now appears at initial d7x start like it used to.

Thanks again Nick.
Psychlone

Return to d7x Support Forum