white list I quess

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.
For support, please visit https://www.d7xtech.com/support/

white list I quess

Postby veterrimus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 am

I have updated Calibre to 2.25 (64-bit) and can't seem to get it to run except by unchecking %appdat% on the software restrictions policies. I have tried setting whitelist policies as follows

%appdata%\calibre\
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\calibre\
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\calibre\
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\calibre\

As far as I can tell %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp contains six folders prefixed with calibre_ that seem to be used when reading or maintaining library; %userprofile%\AppData\Local contains a folder calibre-cache; %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow doesn't have a calibre folder right now; %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming contains a calibre folder and subfolders with some .py, .json, .pickle and .plist files. There is a subfolder plugins that has some .zip files.

My library is on another data disk.

With %appdat% checked all calibre does is display the splash screen and a message initializing user interface. Via task manager it just stalls and uses no time.

Is this the correct way to configure a whitelist policy?
veterrimus

Re: white list I quess

Postby bored369 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:41 am

Whitelisting you have to specify the specific files you would like to allow execution. It won't work with just the folder added.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Return to CryptoPrevent for Home Users