e-mail client will not open

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.
For support, please visit https://www.d7xtech.com/support/

e-mail client will not open

Postby busyyou » Thu May 07, 2015 7:19 am

Hi, I have just installed CrytoPrevent Premium Edition v 7.4.20 selected Maximum Protection and found I am unable to open my e-mail program that being Mozilla Thunderbird. I had to change the selection from Maximum Protection to Default so I could open Thunderbird. I would like very much to select the MP for the best protection but cannot. I would appreciate it very much if someone can help. Thank you.
busyyou.
busyyou

Re: e-mail client will not open

Postby bored369 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:03 am

You can try opening the mail client by right clicking and 'run as admin', but normally this shouldn't be blocked by Maximum Protection. Is it being blocked and getting a event log created for it? If so can you post what the details of the event log are? Or is it just not running at all when you try to open it?
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby busyyou » Mon May 11, 2015 6:15 am

Thank you bored369 for your reply. No there is no event log created as you are correct it will not open at all. I have tried 'run as admin' and it did open but at the time I did not test it. I will try this again and report back to you. Thanks.
busyyou

Postby busyyou » Mon May 11, 2015 7:49 am

Hi bored369 again, I tested it using the 'run as admin' and it did open and I was able to receive and send e-mails without any problems. I tested most of my other programs and all seem to be operating just fine. I guess I will have to make a decision on whether to leave it as it is or to return to the 'default' I have a very good backup so am not greatly concerned. Thank you very much for your valuable time.
busyyou

Return to CryptoPrevent for Home Users