Notification options What is the behavior?

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.
For support, please visit https://www.d7xtech.com/support/

Notification options What is the behavior?

Postby PW-TOS » Tue May 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Can someone explain what the two notification options do? How they behave and what the user experience is for each one?

Also, if I have neither of them checked, what is the behavior/user experience.?

Thanks.
Attachments
CryptoPrevent options.jpg
CryptoPrevent options.jpg (125.6 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
PW-TOS

Re: Notification options What is the behavior?

Postby xide » Tue May 19, 2015 11:21 pm

I have not used cryptoprevent but I would assume.....

1st box - Doesn't give you a choice to "Run anyway" on questionable programs/scripts and only shows a message that the program/script was blocked

2nd box - Just blocks the program/script and displays nothing to the end user at all

The 2nd option, would basically be the first and 2nd together.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby PW-TOS » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 am

Thanks for the reply. Any idea what the default behavior is with neither box checked?

Tnx
PW-TOS

Postby xide » Thu May 21, 2015 2:21 am

PW-TOS wrote:Thanks for the reply. Any idea what the default behavior is with neither box checked?

Tnx

I actually wondered that myself after I replied, and I believe it will prompt you and ask if you'd like to run the suspicious script/app/etc. anyway, after you click yes or no it will display a message (not silent). I would also imagine that it builds or has a database of known "bad files/blacklist" in which case it will only show a message that said file has been blocked. I hope i'm able to answer that accurately. I mainly deal with d7, d7ii, and dSS....I need to play with cryptoprevent now it seems :D
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby PW-TOS » Thu May 21, 2015 10:15 am

OK I got the definitive answer by calling support.

Top Option: Shows blocked message only. Does not allow the user to continue.
Bottom Option: Shows neither the blocked message nor the Run Anyway prompt.

Selecting no option shows the blocked message AND allows the user to continue.

Also, because I purchased a bulk qty of the program, the configurator allows an email to be sent to an admin (or person of your choice) if no option is selected AND the user clicks "Run Anyway".

Please correct this post if this is not accurate.
PW-TOS

Postby xide » Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Awesome. So I got 3 out of 3 right. Glad you and I know 100% what the answer is. At least now this post will be here in case other people also have this question. I think I should still try to get familar with CP
xide

Return to CryptoPrevent for Home Users