dMaintenance

Discuss any other d7xTech app here (EXCEPT CryptoPrevent!)
Suggest ideas for new d7xTech apps here also.
For CryptoPrevent Bulk/White-Label support please use our web form at https://www.d7xtech.com/contact-us/
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include app version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

dMaintenance

Postby wtreeves82 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:31 am

Is there a user manual for using dMaintenance? Does anyone has some successful tips on how to best us the software to tune up an old computer?
wtreeves82

Re: dMaintenance

Postby Xander » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:01 pm

http://www.foolishit.com/vb6-projects/dmaintenance/

Note that Nick has it filed under "Obsolete Software" on his site so don't expect much in the way of support for it, unless you've actually purchased it separately.
Xander

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:37 pm

From an email:

I did not get instructions on how the install dMaintenance.
1. I would like to install it using a USB Flash Memory stick.
2. When dMaintenance has completed running I would like to print a report of its results.
3. Where can I go to get complete instructions or user manual to become knowledgeable on all its features?

Please read the dMaintenance page Xander pointed out to understand what it is and how it is used. dMaintenance is a portable application and it can email you the results, that is about all you need to know beyond configuration, and if you have any specific configuration questions I'll be happy to answer them.

But to break your existing questions down:

1. ok, do that. dMaintenance is a portable application. Just copy it to a flash drive and use it from there.

If you want to "Install" it on a system and run it from the PC itself, then you can simply copy it to the PC with it's configuration file (dMaintenance.ini) and any logos, just whatever is in your dMaintenance directory, and copy the whole directory to somewhere on the local PC.

Now if you want to "Install" it as a traditional application (e.g. an installer which puts an entry in the control panel) with uninstall support, then I can create a custom installer for you. In this event I will need your dMaintenance configuration files (use the Save & Zip option in dMaintenance config once fully configured and branded with your logo, and this will create a zip file on the desktop that you can send me and I will use to compile your custom dMaintenance Setup Installer file.) Any time you should need to change configuration in the installer however I would need to recompile this for you, and I have a $25 recompile fee. The initial compile of the custom installer is on me, and I give you a week to ensure it is the way you want it to be, but any changes after that and I impose the recompile fee.

2. the report after completion is emailed to your pre-configured email address - you can print that. This is of course provided you have configured dMaintenance with your SMTP server credentials and an actual address that the email would go to.

3. again, the link Xander has is all there is, but it seems you haven't really read it fully. Beyond that, again I will try to answer any specific questions you have about it. Try to keep it in the forums instead of email, as others here can answer your questions as well and perhaps even give you feedback and ideas that I don't even have based on their experiences.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby wtreeves82 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:11 pm

I am having trouble setting up the branding name in the configuration setup screen. When typing in the Registration ID and key provided by email when I purchased the dMaintenance software for 50.00 and charged on my paypal account, I get a pop up message saying it is an invalid ID and/or Key. How do I register and activate the software?

Thanks...Bill Reeves
wtreeves82

Postby und3rtak3r » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:57 am

I'll butt in: having attempted to hand type a Foolishit KEy a few times and succeed only once.. Ctrl-C Ctrl-V are your best friends.. dunno if it is the spaces or what but copy and paste removes any error.. If you have already tried copy and paste, then I hand it back to Nick..
The TechGuru4U
RTFM D7 here
RTFM D7II here
RTFM dSupportSuite Here

You may call me Glenn
und3rtak3r

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:52 pm

this has been, for the record, taken care of in email -- I have not heard back from him to see if everything was good...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to Other d7xTech Apps