Team viewer for remote support

Discuss everything related to the business side of PC Repair, including software to run your business, advertising, marketing, legal issues, etc. etc.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Re: Team viewer for remote support

Postby Dustin D » Wed May 06, 2015 11:53 am

We use it here at our office and have been extremely happy with it. We moved from LogMeIn after their structure change last year.

It is pricey ($1500-3500) but then you can add as many computers to your dashboard as you want, and it is yours forever.
With the premium version you can only have one user doing remote sessions at a time but with the corporate it bumps up to 3.
If you are a single tech who only ever uses one computer for remote sessions, they do have the Business plan but then it limits you to 1 licensed workstation.

The tech is solid, the support(if you even have to use them) is fantastic, and it always just works.
If I had to nitpick about them at all, it would be if you want to upgrade from one major version to the next(ie: Version 9 - Version 10) it's full price. No discount for past customers. However I've seen a few companies still running TV7 so they continue to support their older versions for a time.

Honestly I'm still looking for an excuse to throw them some more money and get the Cell Phone Quick Support Option(Extra $1500ish) but we don't have enough clients that need that level of support. I did test it though and it's really awesome.

Bottom line, if you've got the customer base and want a solid performer they are great. I've been using them since version 5 or so and I've never had a complaint.
Dustin D

Postby xide » Wed May 06, 2015 11:58 am

I like screen connect (http://www.screenconnect.com) it's a lot cheaper ($300), and I personally think it has more/better features as well (but that's just my opinion). They offer a 30day trial with NO limits if you want to check it out. Also it has the ability to stay connected after a reboot which I find important and also black out the client screen (in case you don't want them to see your secret weapon) and you can put a custom message on that black screen such as "Please wait while we fix your computer since you felt the need to click on everything" the multiple ways they offer the client to install is another plus because their multiple methods allow non tech-savy users to get connected to you.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Dustin D » Wed May 06, 2015 12:08 pm

I've never used Screen Connect myself so I can't really give my opinion on TeamViewer vs anything but LogMeIn.
I will however mirror my colleague above me and say check out the free trials. Price means nothing in the long run if you hate using it or find that it's missing something that makes you buy a separate tool.
Dustin D

Postby xide » Wed May 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Dustin D wrote:I've never used Screen Connect myself so I can't really give my opinion on TeamViewer vs anything but LogMeIn.
I will however mirror my colleague above me and say check out the free trials. Price means nothing in the long run if you hate using it or find that it's missing something that makes you buy a separate tool.

Good point. It's best to try free trials for both, as well as any others, and see which fits your budget and needs best. But I would start with screen connect and team viewer, they seem to be the best that i've tested (I can't afford team viewer though)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Wed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks again for the advise. I didn't know that Teamviewer was a program that could do tech support until I read about it here. I will do my research and see what I can afford. I like zoho Assist because it's free for me, but I don't have the add ons that the paid services have.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Huskylogic
Forum Moderator

Return to Business Stuff