Becoming a Reseller

Discuss everything related to the business side of PC Repair, including software to run your business, advertising, marketing, legal issues, etc. etc.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Becoming a Reseller

Postby Marshall » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am

Do you resell or distribute any software to your customers? If you don't, you probably should start offering it.

It's very easy to setup, you can easily create successful profit margins (without price gouging your customers), and begin to compete with the big boy's of IT.

Everything from backup solutions, business management applications, network management solutions, ticketing services, to anti-virus, are all available at relatively affordable prices to you (depends on your distributor). The kicker is that most of these software packages that you can resell, or distribute, will eventually cost you less per month or per year, with the more that you sign up or sell. So as long as you manage your affairs properly, and don't lose customers hand over fist, over time you can not only make everything pay for itself, but you can make quite a bit of money off of it for yourself.

So if you're running a small IT business, and you're daunted by the idea of selling the software you use on a daily basis, don't be. It is an easy way to go about increasing sales.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Re: Becoming a Reseller

Postby GEGeek » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 am

Curious, Is this something you can share the details? Sounds like the makings of a good article or book. :)
Mike
GEGeek - I don't reinvent the wheel, I just link to it.
http://www.gegeek.com
GEGeek

Postby Marshall » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:00 pm

I would be happy to. I'm waiting for a response from my distributor now, and I wouldn't be comfortable marketing a distributor here, without Nick's permission. You can however always contact me via PM for non-community based things. Just don't ask for advice when it comes to interacting with people...I throw the dice out the window on that one!
Marshall

Postby EagleTech » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm

We work with a company that offers both Online Backup & Data Recovery (clean room level even). Their customer service is top notch, so we have no issue partnering with them. As far as software goes we have looked into it but haven't acted on it.
EagleTech

Postby Marshall » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Hello EagleTech. I'd be interested to know who the company is that you're working with. I offer no collaborative services to my client base currently for clean room data recovery, so I usually refer them to datarecovery.com. They are about 45min away.
Marshall

Postby EagleTech » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:27 pm

HMWMCT wrote:Hello EagleTech. I'd be interested to know who the company is that you're working with. I offer no collaborative services to my client base currently for clean room data recovery, so I usually refer them to datarecovery.com. They are about 45min away.

I am curious which one, STL?

Sure, no problem! Gillware http://gillware.com/ & https://backup.gillware.com/

My rep is:
Lynne Everson
(877) 624-7206 Ext. 8895
leverson@gillware.com
EagleTech

Postby Marshall » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:34 pm

The Edwardsville office.
Marshall

Postby EagleTech » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Nice, I guessed right.
EagleTech

Postby Marshall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I have been wanting to follow up on this topic, but honestly I just got caught up, and forgot about it.

I will cover this topic in a new thread, where I hope to go over a lot of the common start-up processes for an IT business.
Marshall

Postby GEGeek » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm still very interested in this topic, even though my opportunities for software sales is very limited at this time. I know a few guys who are part-timing similar situations and I wouldn't mind more info on this, if you don't mind.
Mike
GEGeek - I don't reinvent the wheel, I just link to it.
http://www.gegeek.com
GEGeek

Next

Return to Business Stuff