DrivePop.com Online Backup

Discuss everything related to the business side of PC Repair, including software to run your business, advertising, marketing, legal issues, etc. etc.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Re: DrivePop.com Online Backup

Postby Merit » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 pm

omegatino wrote:Looks like they are livedrive resellers. I know because I am one as well. Decent service. Been getting better through the years. I CANNOT recommend it for business as it is not HIPAA compliant as of yet. But for home users it's fine.

I went to the Livedrive site and could find no mention of the 30-day check-in requirement. Do you know if that is a the way it works? If so, I understand why they do not want to mention it.

PS
I just found it by doing a Google search on their website.

You must at all times run the Livedrive software on any computer that is being backed up and you must ensure this computer connects to the Internet at least once every 30 days. Livedrive will remove backups for computers that have not connected to the service for 30 days

No way in hell I would sell that.
Merit

Re: DrivePop.com Online Backup

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. 80.00 for unlimited backup on unlimited machines? That doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the product. Whats to stop me from buying this plan and telling all my family and friends to just use my account?

Personally I like Carbonite. They have a great reseller program (I am one), and the price is per computer but still unlimited storage.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Huskylogic
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Business Stuff