Ask homepage

Discuss Malware removal, techniques, trends, etc. and repairing Windows after removal.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Re: Ask homepage

Postby EagleTech » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:40 am

Marshall wrote:Ok so EagleTech inspired me to do some research.

I cannot verify that the list of apps on this thread I'm linking to below is up to date, but it should get you started in your search for "Cameyo like" virtualization apps.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338319

Sadly I have tried many of those. Cameyo was the best free one I tested by far. Pretty darn good against the paid ones, too. That being said there are 1 or 2 I will be taking a look at very soon.

I carry a slightly smaller version of GEGeek's website... all in my head. Sometimes something good bubbles up. ;)
EagleTech

Postby GEGeek » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 am

Lol that's still the best repository of info. My website is strictly for those with temporary brain farts who just need to recall something.
GEGeek - I don't reinvent the wheel, I just link to it.
http://www.gegeek.com
GEGeek

Postby micheleva » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:29 am

This is what you should do first:
Go to your browsers' settings and choose add-on/extensions.
Search for anything that is related ask toolbar (and also any other suspicions file name) and remove it.
Again from the setting, change your homepage back to normal (that is if it has been changed)
Open Control Panel and search for any program or file with the same name and remove them.
Open your windows Explorer and search again for any left file or folder containing ask search in their name.
I suggest you read this ask toolbar removal guide if you still can not figure it out.
micheleva

Previous

Return to Malware Removal