Ask homepage

Discuss Malware removal, techniques, trends, etc. and repairing Windows after removal.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Re: Ask homepage

Postby GEGeek » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Agreed, always looking for free and portable first and foremost. Hey I can send you to a few websites that will dump on you if like to test it out ;). I guess we wait on a reply now.
GEGeek - I don't reinvent the wheel, I just link to it.
http://www.gegeek.com
GEGeek

Postby Marshall » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:19 pm

yea email em to me Mike. Thanks.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby EagleTech » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

HMWMCT wrote:The only thing I don't like about it is that it installs to your system, and they allow 3rd party marketing/software installs. Otherwise it appears to be totally free, from the same company that does reimageplus.com. If this could be turned into a portable app, that would be pretty good.

Give Cameyo a shot. ;)
EagleTech

Postby GEGeek » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:56 am

VERY NICE EagleTech. Love the concept. Free for personal and business <50 users.!!! Reminds me of Sandboxie or Tooltime Freeze, but the ability to transfer the program to others/deploy the software. Definitely warrants a closer look. I wasn't sure where to place it on my website, so I put it in 3 places lol. Don't want to lose this link. Just made my day. I'm easy!!!
Mike
GEGeek

Postby Marshall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 pm

That's pretty handy EagleTech. What's amazing is how many free business users they allow. Certainly worth looking into, visualization is a growing trend.
Marshall

Postby Marshall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Ok so EagleTech inspired me to do some research.

I cannot verify that the list of apps on this thread I'm linking to below is up to date, but it should get you started in your search for "Cameyo like" virtualization apps.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338319
Marshall

Postby GEGeek » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Have to admit, I had no idea there were so many. I had heard of a few, ThinApp for one, but they were paid programs, not this list of freebies though.
This opens the door and makes the decision even harder now. Good find. I'll have to test a few. Put them on my site.
Mike
GEGeek

Postby GEGeek » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Here's some thoughts. Just thinking out loud. You have a REGISTERED program on your box (HitManPro for example). You run Cameyo, just to pick one, and virtualize it. You give it to someone. Does the virtualized program now run as a REGISTERED program? Also, if I virtualize it from a base 64bit PC, I assume that "someone" else has to have a 64bit PC as well, unless the program is automatically aware of the architecture and runs the 32bit version of itself. Curious... If this is true, then developers will have to start taking this into consideration in the future.
Mike
GEGeek

Postby Marshall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Those were some of my first thoughts Mike.

I believe that yes, you will have to augment your installs depending on the platform (32 or 64bit). If you installed a registered version of a product and deployed it to a bunch of systems you will most definitely need to be concerned with licensing issues and any litigation that would follow (not recommended).

Other than that I would recommend testing your apps on a Win XP system running 1-2gb of RAM, and a low end CPU before saying it's good enough to deploy into the field...quality control is good.
Marshall

Postby BOLDERdesigns » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Check Scheduled Tasks. I've seen a lot of viruses schedule a task to reinstall 1, 2-7 days later. So yeah you cleaned it, but it reinstalls after waiting.

The ccCleaner has a nice Startup that contains the Schedule task manager which is easier to delete/disable all.
John Rutkowski
302-731-8480 X 111
BOLDERdesigns

PreviousNext

Return to Malware Removal