MyPC Backup ??????

Discuss Malware removal, techniques, trends, etc. and repairing Windows after removal.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Re: MyPC Backup ??????

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:40 am

Definitely moved to Malware Removal.

I was playing with a malware dropper this morning, just infecting a VM to see what a new tool I discovered would do, and it installed (among other things) MyPC Backup.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Cc1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:18 am

came in to my office this morning after i had ran a check over the weekend then i had a error. "New update available for Auslogics Disk Check" Ok;ed it installer started. As soon as it started i got itdownload.stub.exe infected then installmanager.exe infected!

Anyone else?
Cc1

Postby Cc1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:34 am

this is now getting on my nerves!
Ran a FULL D7 Malware. All Clean. Run DSS, Comes up with update Auslogic software, WHAM, MyPCBackup appears!

Where the heck is it coming from. Its only on TWO of my office computers. I have ran D7 MALWARE on the whole network
Cc1

Postby Dannim » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am

I don't have dSS, so am unsure of the methodology that it uses to perform updates. But I'd recommend running AdwCleaner on the machines. I've seen MyPCBackup get installed because the browser has an add-on that changes the file downloads.
Dannim

Postby hubzone37 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Auslogics Disk Defrag is installing MYPC Backup :(
I have removed Auslogics Disk Defrag from custom apps.
hubzone37

Postby Xander » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Seems like a no-brainer and pretty obvious. I ran AusDD once and it installed crap. Gone. I couldn't believe people were *asking* for it to be included in D7. Some folks don't mind installing crap on their customers' systems, I guess.
Xander

Postby wmmiller » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:37 pm

I’ve never tried this program and don’t believe I will. I have also now deleted it from the lineup. Thanks for the heads up guys! :D
Bill
"Resist We Much"
wmmiller

Postby Dannim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Good program, use the installer from Ninite.com and it will install without toolbars/etc. You can also save the Ninite.exe for use later with d7.
Dannim

Postby wmmiller » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks for the information Dannim. I likely won’t use it anyway because I’m one of those people in the portable app camp.
"Resist We Much"
wmmiller

Postby pcbutler » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 am

MyPCBackup is malware.

I find it with Conduit, PC Optimizer, RegCleanPRO, SpeedyPC, and several other "utility" applicatio... err malware programs. I run D7 minimum of 20 times a day, every day, and it does not install this for me.

I suspect that either something is being missed that is married to that application, and it is reinstalling, or your customers are installing something that includes it.

Edit to add: I don't use AuslogicsDD, I have a portable version from a few years ago that does not include the addware stuff.
pcbutler

PreviousNext

Return to Malware Removal