Parse Data for quick alerts?

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Parse Data for quick alerts?

Postby Marshall » Sat May 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Is it possible to parse log files, before they're loaded via email?

The idea is this...parse data for MBRCheck, Emsisoft a2cmd, SMART data, etc. and place warning data into the top area of the email log that is sent out when dSS finishes maintenance, or runs a heartbeat.

I know how to read SMART data, but dang when I look at the current format in those emails I go blind...I'm lazy, I will not deny it. I am fully capable of keeping a cheat sheet on hand to know what data is good and bad, and when to be worried.

Any idea's that are along these lines, please bring them up here...reading the dSS email data can be a chore, when you have 100's of clients emailing you once a week, or during heartbeats.
I have not developed a system that can parse this information for me yet, mostly because I use gmail.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Re: Parse Data for quick alerts?

Postby Nick » Sat May 04, 2013 5:27 pm

why is it that you always ask for things before I do them. ;) Just wait until we G+ Hangout tomorrow and I'll fill you in on my plans for reports in both dSS and D7 and beyond...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions