OS Branding-URLS / KIA optimizations

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.
d7II is no longer supported. Please update to d7x! (This is included in your d7II subscription!)

OS Branding-URLS / KIA optimizations

Postby Brandonr91 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:55 pm

1 - Add unlimited (or at least 3) amount of OS-Branding Icons/URL configurations for multiple difference sites (each able to configure its own address, icon, and text)

2 - Have any window that d7II opens / calls / summons open off to the left or right of d7II so it does not accidentally hide behind dy7ii (KIA, D7 uninstall, info reports, etc - all windows d7 opens). This should also include dialogue boxes directly related to d7.

3 - Add automation to KIA can be configured with a) timer counter down before auto (0 for immediate), b) auto close or stay open options, c) open on system hangs if closed and run . All these options I am suggesting must be user defined and configurable so that we can fully customize KIA (and potentially all realted d7II apps!!!)!

Thank you for a wonderful product, your time, and consideration!

Sincerely, Brandon R

Brandon R, Manager
Brandonr91

Re: OS Branding-URLS / KIA optimizations

Postby xide » Sat May 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Brandonr91 wrote:2 - Have any window that d7II opens / calls / summons open off to the left or right of d7II so it does not accidentally hide behind dy7ii (KIA, D7 uninstall, info reports, etc - all windows d7 opens). This should also include dialogue boxes directly related to d7.

+1 There, I don't know how many times I was waiting around for it to do something and not realizing it had popped up behind d7ii 10min. ago.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Brandonr91 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Nick! Please come save us from our passive idiocracy!

Brandon R, Manager
Brandonr91

Postby Brandonr91 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:40 am

Also... I would like to see some more things..

1) Please make all apps in D7 customize-able l custom apps menu of d7ii config. Example.. When running windows cleanmgr.exe it takes forever to run and d7ii waits for it's finish. It'd be nice to have the ability to customize how this app runs, when it waits (if it does), and ability to hand over control to d7ii once the app launches so the next app can run while waiting for cleanmgr.exe to finish.

2) The same as above except for d7ii specific functions such as KIA

Brandon R, Manager
Brandonr91

Postby bitznpcz » Thu May 21, 2015 1:49 am

On the old FoolishIT website, there was a exe called AutoCleanMgr which skipped MS Office setup files, Compress old files and cleanup Memory dump files so it ran cleanmgr.exe a bit faster. I can't find it now on the website or on my PC - perhaps one of the team could upload it?
bitznpcz

Postby xide » Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 am

bitznpcz wrote:On the old FoolishIT website, there was a exe called AutoCleanMgr which skipped MS Office setup files, Compress old files and cleanup Memory dump files so it ran cleanmgr.exe a bit faster. I can't find it now on the website or on my PC - perhaps one of the team could upload it?

Here you go! Auto cleanmgr: http://download.foolishit.com/CleanMgrF ... oDumps.zip

Brandonr91 wrote:Also... I would like to see some more things..

1) Please make all apps in D7 customize-able l custom apps menu of d7ii config. Example.. When running windows cleanmgr.exe it takes forever to run and d7ii waits for it's finish. It'd be nice to have the ability to customize how this app runs, when it waits (if it does), and ability to hand over control to d7ii once the app launches so the next app can run while waiting for cleanmgr.exe to finish.

2) The same as above except for d7ii specific functions such as KIA

Kill em all: http://download.foolishit.com/KillEmAll.zip

You can set KillemAll as a custom app, this way you can set the behavior of it so you can make it do what you want (in theory)

Also the answer to your question #1 that bitznpcz (lol great name) had suggested is also posted above, in case you didn't see it because of all the quotes.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Brandonr91 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:09 pm

The KIA is a .scr file. It cannot be made into a custom app.

Brandon R, Manager
Brandonr91

Postby xide » Sat May 23, 2015 12:39 am

Brandonr91 wrote:The KIA is a .scr file. It cannot be made into a custom app.

I made it so it can be, just wrote a simple bat to execute it. D7ii may not recognize scr files, so we just need to make a file d7ii does recognize to launch the file.

Code: Select all
@echo off

start %cd%\KillEmAll.scr

Copy/Paste that into notepad, save the text document as KillEmAll.bat, and put in the SAME FOLDER as KillEmall.scr then just select that bat in your custom apps. I just tested it and it works fine.
xide

Return to d7II Feature Suggestions