D7x Not launching user defined apps - Fixed

Support and discussion for d7x PC Technician's Productivity Tool
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include d7x version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

D7x Not launching user defined apps - Fixed

Postby Tekmate » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:02 am

Hi Team,

We were having an issue where our custom apps have stopped launching. This is in the current build 19.6.18 - but may have been in a previous release as our techs have been running the file manually which I was unaware of.
If anyone hits this issue check under configure the app and check OS its set to run against. I am guessing windows 10 was added recently and it defaulted false - which cause a few confusing moments as although we checked the app config page we kept missing the false again windows 10.

Paul
Tekmate

Re: D7x Not launching user defined apps - Fixed

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks for the solution, and I'm sorry for the issue. The Windows 10 switch was introduced in late 2017... I suspect the issue may be from a conversion to a newer config format that occurred a few releases ago for custom apps. There shouldn't have been any issue but perhaps if you were using a very old config (before the Windows 10 switch was introduced) being converted it isn't putting in the Win10 flag which should be there by default if absent. I'll have to revisit this.

Moral to the story, especially that you have it fixed, is update your configs through Config Mgmt Portal after all is fixed!
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to d7x Support Forum