SMB Feature or shortcut to add features

Feature suggestions for d7x
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Start a new topic for a unique suggestion.
3. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

SMB Feature or shortcut to add features

Postby melocco@gmail.com » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:16 am

When I work on computers, I normally have to enable SMB. Since windows 10 disabled this by default (which I understand why), it would be nice to have some shortcut to add remove features in the control panel or a way to enable or disable SMB in the windows features. As it is now, I have to search for "control panel", click "programs and features", click "turn windows features on or off", search for "smb 1.0 file sharing support" check the box and then restart the computer.. I don't mind doing all that, but it would be nice to have that as a shortcut (some how). If this is already here, I have yet to beable to find it. I love this program. You all did a great job...
melocco@gmail.com

Re: SMB Feature or shortcut to add features

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:41 pm

I'll see if I can figure out how to get a shortcut straight there. In the meantime, you can cut two steps when d7x window is active by using CTRL-U (think uninstall) to pull up Programs and Features in control panel, then you're halfway there at least...

FYI the CTRL-U is a d7x keyboard shortcut for the menu item in the "Windows" drop down menu, about 2/3 down is the "Programs (Add/Remove)" option. d7x must be the active window for the keyboard shortcut to work; I only tell you where the clickable item is because if your hand is on the mouse it might be easier for you to do the two clicks than the keyboard, I dunno. If I figure out how to take you all the way to where you need to go, then I'll be putting the shortcut in that same drop down menu, which is another reason I point it out.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to d7x Feature Suggestions