Business card function

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

Business card function

Postby adztechcs » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:16 am

Hi guys

Does anyone mind posting a screen shot of the status screen. Just so I can get an idea of how others are using the business card function.

So far just been playing with the software and seeing how it will fit my purpose.

Here is what I currently have.
Attachments
DSS.png
DSS.png (75.82 KiB) Viewed 7063 times
adztechcs

Re: Business card function

Postby Nick » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:45 am

I used to advocate using the text fields, phone number, all that. But with certain graphics it doesn't look so hot.

I'm now an advocate of a full length logo like is shown below stretching over the whole surface and replacing the text fields for phone number and all of that, and preferably a PNG with transparent background so it blends in with the color of the UI (which will vary depending on the OS as it is a default Windows color code.)

I feel that the advantage of a full size logo is that you can put in any appropriate contact details like phone number, catch phrase, etc. in the graphic itself so you can really design it the way YOU want to and aren't limited by the format that dSS provides for those details. (as you can see, I have not done this in my own graphic as I have no details I wish to include - but if I did, they would be in the graphic itself.) Also I see lots of people already have this information within their logo graphic anyway.

Then for the nitty gritty text like store hours or whatever, I leave those for the details fields you see on the bottom left (in my pic it says Come Visit Us and sample store hours below it.) I don't actually use the details in my own copy as I only distribute this to my co-workers, friends, and family and they know me anyway - (and I don't have store hours of course) but I just enabled that to give you the idea in the pic.

FYI if you aren't a graphic type person, I'll pass this tip along, I had all of mine done at 48hourlogo.com for like $115 - that was the base price for a new logo. Most ppl there will create great looking logos or modify existing ones to add stuff like that for cheap. I had my LLC logo modified to say .COM instead and I posted a project to modify the logo and assigned a one hour project limit and got it done for like $30/hr. within the hour limit, and some people on there even charge half of that.
Attachments
dSS.jpg
dSS.jpg (112.93 KiB) Viewed 7057 times
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:35 am

Here's a basic one that I set up. I'm actually going to redesign this to create one for the version and one for a paid version. Once I have them done, I'll repost them here.
Attachments
Bizcard.png
Bizcard.png (99.62 KiB) Viewed 7043 times
Mitch

Postby adztechcs » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks for these Nick and Mitch.

Nick I can see the logic behind not including a phone number in the display box and the full size logo does look nice.

I completely forgot that the GUI will change colour based on the users theme, will change to a transparent logo. Good tip.

Mitch I didn't even think of using different graphics and text for different version another good tip. :-)

This project is on the back burner for a few days will repost when I have settled on a design.

Cheers.
adztechcs

Postby adztechcs » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 am

O.k. I think I have now got the GUI usable and not too overbearing.

Now I just need to work out the differences between the profiles I will use.

I hope these screen shots are useful to others.
Attachments
DSS2.png
DSS2.png (96.25 KiB) Viewed 7014 times
adztechcs

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:12 am

looking really good!

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Very good indeed! Gotta step my game up :P
Mitch

Postby adztechcs » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks.

Nick I noticed on the UAC prompt that the details of the program still have your logo and company name, is this normal and unchangeable?
adztechcs

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:56 pm

unfortunately it is. first topic, point #2 this page explains it all http://www.foolishit.com/tech-info/fool ... re-readme/

Nick
Site Admin

Postby adztechcs » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Ah o.k. no worries.

Thanks for your quick reply.
adztechcs

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies